Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus – Everything you need to know.
The moment has come we all were waiting for…. Apple has launched its new Smart Phones iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus round the globe!! Apple launched its latest Phones in San Francisco on 7th September’16. And the Pre- orders will open on the 10th September, Friday in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Sweden, Spain, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, The UK, US Virgin Islands, and the US, with the release date of iPhone in these countries to be 13th September’16. Whereas, the releasing date of both the phones in India is on the 7th of Oct’16 as confirmed by Apple. The phones have got some of the best new features and we are sure iPhone lovers would not like to miss it. So, let us look into the features of these phones!!
- Sleek Design: Apple’s new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus has a very elegant sleek look. The design of the phone is very much appealing. Getting rid of the 3.5 millimeter headphone jack gives it a Slimmer look also that enhances the battery lifetime. Also, in comparison, to iPhone 6 weight which was 143 gm, the new iPhone 7 weighs only 138 gm. Now, that’s a good thing, right??
- Power Packed Processor: The two phones are powered by the new quad – core Apple A10 Fusion processor with 64-bit four core CPU. To enhance the battery life, the processor has two high performance core and two high efficiency core. It also has a 6 core GPU as a new feature.
- Picture Perfect Camera: Both the phones have upgraded Cameras. iPhone 7 comes with a 12 mega-pixel Camera that is claimed to be 60% faster and 30% efficient. It also has a quad – LED flash with 50% light output. Both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus has a 7 MP front camera which is upgraded from 5 MP camera of iPhone 6. Now! What else do you want for those perfect “Selfies”??
- Stereo Speakers: Both the phones have now come up with Stereo Speakers. One is at the top of the phone and another at the bottom of the phone. Apple claims that this improves the sound quality and also boosts its dynamic range.
- Water Resistant: Both the phones feature IP67 ration, which makes them both water as well as dust resistant. Though, this feature has already been competitive in the market, Apple has also tried its hands on it. And, we are sure, iPhone lovers can now rest assure in using the phone even under water!!
- More Internal Storage: To the most important feature of the phones, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus has come up with the 32GB internal storage which was earlier 16 GB in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. The new Phones come in three variants: 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB. As earlier, there is no expandable storage.
- No Headphone Jack: Apple has removed the 3.5 mm headphone jack and has replaced it with the Lighting port-based connectors. These plug into the Phone’s charging port. Older earphones can also be used since; company provides an adapter with the new iPhone.
- New Colors: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus will have five colors. Including two new colors Black and Jet Black. Other three colors remaining the same as Silver, Rose Gold and Gold.
- Long Battery Life: The company claims that it will provide the longest ever battery life. As compared to the iPhone 6 (1715 mAh), the battery life of iPhone 7 (1960 mAh) would last 2 hours more. Whereas, iPhone 7 Plus (3100 mAh) battery would last for an hour more compared to the iPhone 6 Plus (2915 mAh).
- Brighter Display: In terms of display, iPhone 7 features a 4.7 –inch display with 3D touch, whereas, the iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5 –inch Retina HD display with 3D touch. This gives both the phones 25% brighter screens compared to iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
Apple’s iPhone have been ruling the market quite a long time now, and with the launch of new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus the market will get even more competitive. Above mentioned is the list of best features being added to the new Apple iPhone. And as far as the price in the US is concerned, the iPhone 7 starts at $649 (approximately Rs. 43000) for the new 32 GB entry level variant, whereas iPhone 7 Plus starts at $769 (approximately Rs. 51,000) for the same 32 GB storage. iPhone 7 price in India starts at Rs. 60,000 for the new 32 GB variant but there is no confirmation as of now on the price of iPhone 7 Plus model.